is a free theme designed to showcase photography, artwork and images in a neat masonry grid layout.
- Masonry layout: Regardless of the featured image height and width (or even if no image is selected) the posts will look great in a nice dynamic grid.
- Responsive Layout: Visual looks great on small screens, such as tablets and smartphones, as well as on laptops and desktops.
- Typography: Uses Raleway, a beautiful webfont by Matt McInerney and served by Google Fonts
- Icon Font: Pixel dense retina displays look great with this theme because of the icon gylphs from Entypo, by Daniel Bruce.
- Solid code: Visual is built off of the Underscores starter theme and uses WordPress best practices.
If you’d like additional font options, color palettes, infinite scroll, or lightboxes- see Visual+. Purchases also help support the work that goes into the free version.
How to Use the Theme
- Download the theme and activate
- Set your menu in WordPress (under “Appearance” > “Menus”)
- If images don’t show up by default, you may need to set the featured image. Edit your post and click “Set featured image”.
- If you are making changes to the CSS or template files, consider using a child theme. You candownload this one to start with.